949S Versatron Tandem Case Packer
This tandem case packer allows for multiple cases per drop, and therefore operates at higher speeds than our 939S. A two-axis servo system allows the Versatron Servo Case Packer to actually “catch” the product while it descends into the case. The lift table moves the case to the “up” position and waits for a full grid. When grid is full, the riding strips shift to the side and initiate the bottle descent. The lift table simultaneously moves the case downward on a velocity curve that ultimately achieves the same speed at the point of contact (the “soft catch”). See the illustration below.
Other case packing benefits include push-button height adjustment and a wide product range. The vertical motion of the table does not consume air.
- Servo laning module for non-round bottles
- Right-angle or counterflow casefeed
- Label protection strips
- 5-foot infeed extension
- Color touch screen
- Flap opener with flap scan
- Flap orientation
949S Versatron™ Case Packer Specifications*
|Speed:**||Up to 50 CPM|
|Product Sizes:||Versatile packer handles all sizes within the soft drink, beer, wine, liquor, chemicals, personal care and food industries|
|Machine Construction:||Heavy-duty stainless steel, tubular with weldments|
|Case Types:||Plastic, corrugated, HSC, RSC, Tablock, tray|
|Air:||80 psi with 1/2″ NPT|
|Motors:||Product Infeed: 1 HP with variable frequency drive
Casefeed: 1 HP with variable frequency drive
Case Timing: Servo drive
Lift Table: Servo drive
|Controls:||I/O devices, 24 Volts, Contrologix or other upon request|
|Main Control Panel:||Mounted to machine opposite operator side; one connection at 30 Amp, 460 Volts|
|Enclosures:||NEMA 12, NEMA 4 or NEMA 4X|
|Operator Interface:||Panelview or others|
|Servo System:||Rockwell Contrologix, or other upon request|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
** Speed is dependent upon application.
- Product infeed with optional zero-gap bottle laner
- Simple drop-in lane spacers
- By-the-numbers changeover system
- Fully-interlocked Lexan® guards
- Swivel-mounted operator interface
- Robust stainless steel construction
- Servo Axis I for vertical motion of table (“soft catch”)
- Flap opener for reshipper cases
- Long-lasting plastic grid fingers position cases and partitions to ensure proper bottle placement
- This lug positions the case horizontally and is driven by Servo Axis II
- Servo Axis II for horizontal motion of case onto the lift table and to the discharge
All Versatron Servo Case Packer change parts are designed for 15-minute changeover, utilizing 3 modular components:
- Riding Strips have unique slide-in design for automatic alignment.
- Grid Basket uses Standard-Knapp’s patented Snap-in Grid Technology to easily change from product to product.
- Lane Guide Spacers are lightweight and have chamfered edges for easy drop-in replacement.
1. Riding Strips
The riding strips have a unique, slide-in design.
2. Grid Basket
Patented Snap-In Grid Technology provides easy changeover and maintenance for a variety of product sizes.
3. Lane Guide Spacers
The lane guide spacers ensure the perfect width for each product.
Standard Grid Features:
- Grid-full Detection feature is completely adjustable.
- Quick-adjust Handles provide quick adjustment and eliminate the need for tools.
- Scales and Pointers ensure fast and repeatable machine changeovers.
- Grid Caddy is ergonomically designed for quick changeover of grid basket.
- Modular Design for simple, no-tools changeover. Each unit consists of a grid basket, riding strips and lane guide spacers.
* indicates required field
Sales: (860) 342-1100, ext. 239
Fax: (860) 342-1557