949 Pic-N-Place Tandem Case Packer
The Standard-Knapp Pic-N-Place Tandem Case Packer offers field-proven reliability and is the perfect solution for both partitioned and partitionless case packing. The Pic-N-Place uses adjustable, heavy-duty grippers to pick up and gently place two packs of product completely into the bottom of every case. This proprietary technology eliminates breakage and is capable of speeds up to 20 cycles per minute.
There are a number of key features that Standard-Knapp has built into this easy-to-maintain unit:
- Robust Construction – Stainless steel tubular frame
- High Reliability – Designed for 24/7 operation
- Simple Operation – Fast, easy operation
- Easy Walk-by Maintenance – See-through safety guarding
- Flexible and Adaptable – To future applications
- Quality Fit and Finish
- Flap Opener
- Clustered or Automatic Lubrication System
- Product Laner
Pic-N-Place Tandem Case Packer Specifications*
The Standard-Knapp Pic-N-Place Tandem Packer features a robust, stainless steel packer frame with a heavy-duty, 2-axis placement system. This gently handles product and is perfect for both partitioned and partitionless packing.
|Model:||949 Pic-N-Place Case Packer|
|Speed:||Up to 20 cycles per minute|
|Case Types:||Plastic, Corrugated, HSC, RSC, Tablock, Tandem, Double Tier|
|Infeed Style:||Butt Connect or available side sweep onto 5′ infeed extension|
|Product Infeed Chain:||15″ wide Intralox Series 900|
|Product Lanes:||1 – 8 lanes|
|Case Sizes:||6″ – 15″ wide|
|Tray Height:||3″ – full bottle height|
|Industries Served:||Food, beverage, personal care, household chemicals|
|Main Control Panel:||NEMA 12, Machine Mounted|
|Electrical Supply:||460V – 3-phase 60 HZ|
|Air Supply:||60 psi with 1/2″ NPT|
|Lubrication:||Point, cluster or automatic|
|Infeed Drive:||2 HP with VFD|
|Casefeed:||1/2 HP minimum with VFD|
|Controller:||Powerflex 40P or 525 VFD|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement.
Specifications are subject to change based on product line conditions or customer requirements.
|Robust 2-axis, servo controlled delta robot provides optimum control of two cases of product.|
Open concept design eliminates need for riding strips.
See-through guarding allows for easy system assessments.
Easy-access lubrication and inspection points make maintenance a breeze.
|Adjustable head adapts to multiple product sizes.|
Empty cases are indexed beneath the flap opener, which opens each case’s leading flap.
|All Flaps Positioned
Cases are briefly separated to allow minor flaps between the cases to be positioned downward. The two cases are then indexed onto the lift table and raised into position.
|All Lanes Full of Product
Product is then counted and transferred into position where the gripper head will “Pic” enough product to fill two cases.
|Gripper Head Ready to “Pic-N-Place” Product
Gripper head lowers to “Pic” product, then quickly and gently lowers product into two cases.
|Cases Filled and Discharged
The gripper head returns to the product infeed, ready to grab the next group of product as the full cases are discharged. Then two new cases move onto the table.
All Versatron Servo Case Packer change parts are designed for 15-minute changeover, utilizing 3 modular components:
- Riding Strips have unique slide-in design for automatic alignment.
- Grid Basket uses Standard-Knapp’s patented Snap-in Grid Technology to easily change from product to product.
- Lane Guide Spacers are lightweight and have chamfered edges for easy drop-in replacement.
1. Riding Strips
The riding strips have a unique, slide-in design.
2. Grid Basket
Patented Snap-In Grid Technology provides easy changeover and maintenance for a variety of product sizes.
3. Lane Guide Spacers
The lane guide spacers ensure the perfect width for each product.
Standard Grid Features:
- Grid-full Detection feature is completely adjustable.
- Quick-adjust Handles provide quick adjustment and eliminate the need for tools.
- Scales and Pointers ensure fast and repeatable machine changeovers.
- Grid Caddy is ergonomically designed for quick changeover of grid basket.
- Modular Design for simple, no-tools changeover. Each unit consists of a grid basket, riding strips and lane guide spacers.
* indicates required field