Continuous-motion Case Packing Machine / Bottle Packer
The 357 Orbitron™ is a great way to get bottles or cans into cases or pre-formed trays. The overhead flight section guides product into the box continuously, while maintaining a small footprint.
- Orbitron's technology advantage begins with the compact rotary product spacing wheel. [Photo]
- Bottles entering the neck support assembly are gently lowered into case or tray with little or no drop. [Photo]
- The case feed conveyor is power adjustable to accommodate tray height variations. [Photo]
- Positive-positioning change part locators are provided with pre-set stops to allow immediate start-up and production. [Photo]
- Direct drive "shear arm" assembly eliminates gearbox backlash for accurate bottle to case timing. [Photo]
- Single-point adjust-down product detectors protect product and machine. [Photo]
- Patented on-demand oscillator operates only when smooth product flow is interrupted, for continuous operation. [Photo]
- Compact, all-stainless-steel frame. Full-length, electrically interlocked guard doors provide quick access and complete safety. [Photo]
- Screw-type adjustment points for easy changeover.
- Integral quick-adjust handles for minimum tool requirements.
- Case lug chain take-up mounted outside frame for easy access.
- Operator control station mounted via 180° swivel arm provides maximum convenience and safety in setup and operation. "Handless" operation.
- Remote-mounted main electrical enclosure provides flexibility of location.
- NEMA 4x SST electrical boxes mounted on machine allow full washdown.
- Optional automatic lubrication system reduces maintenance requirements and enhances machine longevity.
- Five-foot infeed extension for loose product sweep-off. Delete option for multipack-only applications.
- Three-color indicating beacon for quick and easy machine status.
Change Parts: Compact – Lightweight – Low Cost
Orbitron case packer change parts are "snap-in" style that lock into pre-set positive positions. Changeover is easily accomplished in 15-20 minutes with one person. No hoists or extra personnel are required.
A. Product Spacer Wheel
B. Neck Guide Support Assembly
C. Drop-in Lane Guide Spacers
D. Case Timing Lug Chain
- Overhead flight lug assembly for non-carbonated/compressible products
- Roller flap guides for two-flap cases (major flaps)
- Alternate PLC models available to suit customer needs
- Message display for descriptive operational information
- Data Table Access Module (DTAM) provides access to programmable speeds
- Extended powered discharge conveyor for tall products
357 Orbitron™ Bottle Packer Specifications*
|Speed:||Up to 65 CPM, depending on product and cases|
|Trays/Cases:||Corrugated, plastic; 1/4 to full depth|
|Products:||PET Bottles: 16 oz., 20 oz., 32 oz., 64 oz., 0.5 L, 1 L, 1.5 L, 2 L, 3 L|
Glass: 10 oz., 12 oz., 16 oz., 20 oz.; carbonated and non/low carbonated
Cans: 12 oz.
|Pack Patterns:||2x3, 2x4|
Loose: 3x4, 3x5
Multipacks: 4, 6, 8, 12 packs
|Infeed:||Straight in for multipacks, sweep off for loose|
|Discharge:||Gravity roller conveyor supplied by customer, adjustable with case discharge height|
|Controls:||24 vDC with A-B SLC 500|
|Electric Motors:||Two 1 HP motors with variable frequency drives|
|Machine-mounted Enclosures:||NEMA 4x|
|Main Control Enclosure:||NEMA 4, painted steel-it|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.