296T Continuum™ Continuous-Motion Tray Packer / Tray Loading Machine
- “By the Numbers” changeover system ensures prompt start-up with no tweaking
- Step-by-step checklist on touch screen
- No tools required for adjustments
- Minimum change parts (lane spacers)
- Easy, continuous tray loading, vertical stack, high capacity blank magazine.
- Positive tray transport keeps control of tray during transfer from magazine.
- Servo-controlled grouper provides positive product handling and quick and easy changeover.
- Graphic display, touch screen operator interface simplifies operation and provides checklist for changeover functions.
- “Phaser” adjustment allows easy changes to compression pocket size for optimum squareness of trays.
- Inline product handling allows narrow footprint for efficient use of plant space.
- Mechanically timed flap tuckers ensure consistent tray forming at varying speeds.
- Four-gun gluing option ensures trays are sealed under all conditions.
- Stainless steel frame construction (optional) reduces machine maintenance requirements and allows for easy machine cleaning.
296T Continuum™ Tray Packer Specifications*
|Speed:||50, up to 70 TPM|
|Product Sizes:||202 dia. to 603 dia.|
|Products:||Glass jars, metal and fiber cans|
|Magazine:||Continuous loading vertical hopper, appr. 500 blank capacity|
|Pack Patterns:**||2×2, 3×2, 4×3, 6×4|
|Infeed:||Straight in for multipacks, sweep off for loose|
|Air Requirements:||5 scfm @ 90 psi|
|Power Requirements:||460v, 60 cycle, 3 phase, 30 Amp drop|
|Main Control Enclosure:||NEMA 4, painted steel-it|
|Machine-mounted Enclosures:||NEMA 4|
|Controls:||24 vDC with A-B SLC 500 Series processor|
|Operator Interface:||Computer Technology; Corporation touch screen|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
** Pack patterns vary for different diameter products.
- Stainless or mild steel construction
- Four-gun gluing
- Manual partition section
- Versions for 50 TPM, up to 70 TPM
- Automatic central lubrication system
- Integration with shrink wrapper
Standard-Knapp’s numerous innovations in materials, design and techniques provide faster, more reliable, more consistent changeover. The increase in speed and safety means an increase in efficiency and a decrease in downtime.
All Standard-Knapp Servo Case Packer change parts are designed for 15-minute changeover, utilizing 3 modular components:
- Riding Strips have unique slide-in design for automatic alignment.
- Grid Basket uses Standard-Knapp’s patented Snap-in Grid Technology to easily change from product to product.
- Lane Guide Spacers are lightweight and have chamfered edges for easy drop-in replacement.
1. Riding Strips
The riding strips have a unique, slide-in design.
2. Grid Basket
Patented Snap-In Grid Technology provides easy changeover and maintenance for a variety of product sizes.
3. Lane Guide Spacers
The lane guide spacers ensure the perfect width for each product.
Standard Grid Features:
- Grid-full Detection feature is completely adjustable.
- Quick-adjust Handles provide quick adjustment and eliminate the need for tools.
- Scales and Pointers ensure fast and repeatable machine changeovers.
- Grid Caddy is ergonomically designed for quick changeover of grid basket.
- Modular Design for simple, no-tools changeover. Each unit consists of a grid basket, riding strips and lane guide spacers.
Standard-Knapp offers the following upgrade kits to enhance the productivity of your model 296T Continuum™ Tray Packer. Upgrade kit documentation is available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
* indicates required field