939EZ Low-cost Case Packer for Microbreweries, Wineries & More
The Standard-Knapp EZ Case Packer features a stainless steel packer frame over a mild steel, “Steel-it” painted casefeed and Air Over Oil lift table. Optional equipment includes a flap opener, servo laner and Panelview 1000+ with graphically driven HMI.
The EZ Case Packer – It fits your demand, it fits your floor plan, it fits your budget.
- Robust Construction –Stainless steel tubular frame
- High Reliability –Designed for 24/7 operation
- Simple Operation –Fast, easy operation
- Easy Walk-by Maintenance™ –See-through safety guarding
- Flexible and Adaptableto future applications
- Quality Fit and Finish
The install went much better than I had expected. I scheduled the line to be down all week, but the whole thing literally took 2 days, start to finish. Our old Hamrick packer was out Tuesday morning, the new SK packer was installed in its place Tuesday afternoon, the conveyor modifications were done Wednesday morning, the new packer was wired Wednesday afternoon, final adjustments to box feeds Thursday morning, and we ran 1800 cases of beer after lunch on Thursday. All the work was done by 2 mechanics and a contracted electrician. Boom! Amazing! And we’ve been running full speed ever since. Very happy and impressed with Standard Knapp!
939EZ Case Packer Specifications*
|Model:||939EZ Case Packer|
|Speeds:**||Up to 30 cpm
Up To 40 cpm Tandem
|Case Types:||Plastic, Corrugated, HSC, RSC, Tablock, Tandem, Double Tier|
|Infeed Style:||Butt Connect or available Side Sweep onto 5′ infeed extension|
|Product Infeed Chain:||15″ wide Rexnord, 1″ pitch|
|Product Lanes:||1 – 8 lanes|
|Case Sizes:||6″ – 18″ wide|
|Tray Height:||3″ – full bottle height|
|Industries Served:||Food, beverage, personal care|
|Controls:||Allen-Bradley CompactLogix – 24 Volts|
|Main Control Panel:||Nema 4|
|Interface:||Allen-Bradley PanelView 600+ Color|
|Electrical Supply:||230/460V – 60 HZ|
|Air Supply:||70 psi with 1/2″ NPT|
|Infeed Drive:||2 HP with VFD|
|Casefeed Drive:||1 HP with VFD|
|Controller:||Powerflex 525 VFD|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
EZ Quick Changeover
Simple, color-coded, by-the-numbers changeover is easy to perform, requires no tools and is very repeatable – run another product in as little as fifteen minutes.
EZ Walk-by Maintenance™
See-through guarding and easy-access lubrication and inspection points make maintaining our case packing machines a breeze.
Our simple touchscreen operator interface is both easy to learn and easy to use.
The Packaging Process Explained
- The product and the empty case enter the machine via customer conveyors
- Overhead braking and case braking is applied to allow the previous slug of product and case to evacuate
- The product moves into grid area and is detected and stopped, case moves onto lift table and is detected and stopped
- The lift table raises the case up to meet the product, which is dropped through the grid into the case
- The case, now filled with product, is lowered by the lift table
- The packed case exits the machine via the discharge conveyor
All Versatron Servo Case Packer change parts are designed for 15-minute changeover, utilizing 3 modular components:
- Riding Strips have unique slide-in design for automatic alignment.
- Grid Basket uses Standard-Knapp’s patented Snap-in Grid Technology to easily change from product to product.
- Lane Guide Spacers are lightweight and have chamfered edges for easy drop-in replacement.
1. Riding Strips
The riding strips have a unique, slide-in design.
2. Grid Basket
Patented Snap-In Grid Technology provides easy changeover and maintenance for a variety of product sizes.
3. Lane Guide Spacers
The lane guide spacers ensure the perfect width for each product.
Standard Grid Features:
- Grid-full Detection feature is completely adjustable.
- Quick-adjust Handles provide quick adjustment and eliminate the need for tools.
- Scales and Pointers ensure fast and repeatable machine changeovers.
- Grid Caddy is ergonomically designed for quick changeover of grid basket.
- Modular Design for simple, no-tools changeover. Each unit consists of a grid basket, riding strips and lane guide spacers.
* indicates required field